“So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God.” (Isaiah 41:10)
There’s understandably much concern over the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. But concern and proper precautions must not give way to fear, especially for us who are people of faith in God who is our strength.
As information becomes available, Community Christian Church of Marana is working to be informed and prepared regarding COVID-19. We are following recommendations from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, and the ministries statement from The Disciples of Christ General Minister and President, Week of Compassion, and National Benevolent Association: www.disciples.org
On Sundays, when you come to worship, please know:
- Surfaces are being wiped down.
- Hand sanitizer and tissues are provided.
- There are no-touch receptacles at the back of the sanctuary for disposal of tissues.
- Going forward, communion will be only in the individual cups at the 8:45 service, like it has been at 10:30, and we’re working to make it safe as possible.
- Warm, friendly greetings are encouraged, but please be respectful of each other’s personal preferences regarding shaking hands or the giving and receiving of hugs.
Please remember if you choose to stay home because you do not feel well or consider yourself at high risk, you can still enjoy worship by going to Facebook: www.facebook.com/maranadisciples (which will redirect you to YouTube).
Please feel free to contact me with any concerns you have. I would be happy to speak with you. In the meantime, let’s pray for our community, our nation and our world, and let us be witnesses to the power of God, living not with dismay but with joy even in the face of this outbreak.
In Christ, Pastor Dave